Which Laser Skin Treatment Is Right For Me?
Posted by Cedars Dermatology, 2nd March 2020
While lots of people have heard of laser skin treatments, many don’t realise just how impressive and versatile they really are. In fact, there are lots of skin conditions where Dermatologists can use laser skin treatments to treat or benefit the skin – whether it’s something medical, or more on the cosmetic side. In this post, our team at our Harley Street laser skin clinic go through some of the conditions that could benefit from this incredible treatment.
1) Freckles and birthmarks – while freckles on the face have enjoyed a beauty comeback in recent years, these marks can also appear across the arms, legs, décolletage and other areas of the body – and can sometimes make the skin appear aged or mottled. We usually recommend Pulsed Dye Laser skin treatment for these, or IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) therapy. Another type of mark usually present from birth, such as the port wine stain, can also be improved with these types of laser skin treatment.
2) Rosacea – this red-looking ‘rash’ across the face can create a flushed appearance, and skin can feel sore and bothered. Both IPL and Pulsed Dye Laser skin treatment can help improve its appearance and ease symptoms.
3) Thread veins – these spidery-looking veins are actually dilated blood vessels. If left untreated, they can grow in size and become more greenish in colour, which can make them more visible. In addition, they can cause itching or even pain. For this concern, Pulsed Dye Laser skin treatment and IPL can help improve their appearance.
4) Red scars and keloids – these can form following a healed wound, and are most common in those with darker skin tones. They appear as raised areas of skin that feel hard or rubbery, and can cause pain, itching or burning. Using Pulsed Dye Laser skin treatment can help reduce the redness of the scarring.
5) Tattoos – although it can be difficult to completely remove a tattoo – and placement, size, age and colour of the tattoo are all factors that should be taken into account – we can offer tattoo removal by laser, though will need to assess skin on a case-by-case basis.
6) Unwanted hair – laser hair removal can be an extremely effective way to reduce and remove unwanted hair on almost any area of the body. IPL targets the hair follicles, where pigment inside the hairs absorbs the light and in turn, the process destroys the hair.
Why Choose A Dermatologist?
Nobody knows your skin better than you – apart from a Dermatologist. That’s why we’re a leading laser skin clinic within the Harley Street medical district. To book in with our Dermatologist or to enquire about potential treatments that may be suitable for you and your skin, visit our contact page today.