Skin Surgery and Lasers
A large number of skin problems can be treated effectively by surgery or by laser surgery at our skin & dermatology clinic in Elstree, Northwood & Harley Street.
To achieve the best outcome, both in terms of your health and your appearance, it is important to consult a highly trained and experienced dermatological surgeon.
Every step is important, from obtaining an accurate diagnosis to receiving the correct recommendations on treatment selection, expert treatment and excellent follow-up care.
At the Cedars Dermatology Clinic Elstree, Northwood & Harley Street, we understand the structure and function of the skin right down to the molecular level. Our experts have the ability to diagnose skin lesions and their high level of knowledge means they have the technical skills to provide specialised surgical and non-surgical treatments to help solve your problem.
We have an excellent reputation in the field of dermatology and our medical and cosmetic outcomes are superior for many skin problems. Our dermatologists also work closely with plastic surgeons and eye surgeons where necessary for more extensive skin conditions that impact on other tissues and organs.
Surgery for skin cancer
Our dermatology surgeons in London & Harley Street can treat all forms of skin cancer including melanoma, basal cell carcinoma (BCC) and squamous cell carcinoma (SCC).
In cases of BCC and SCC, we offer Mohs micrographic surgery and our Mohs surgeons are fellowship-trained. Mohs is a technique in which the skin cancer is carefully removed in thin layers, which are then examined under a microscope in theatre. The surgeon is able to see how much of the cancer has been removed and can continue surgery until it has all been removed with a margin of health tissue.
Mohs micrographic surgery is now the established gold standard treatment for these forms of skin cancer and our experts are highly skilled and very experienced in its delivery.
The medical outcome better than other surgical techniques and it also has the advantage that it causes far less scarring. The skin cancer can be removed very precisely with just enough normal tissue to achieve a complete cure.
We also use skin surgery in the following situations:
- For the diagnosis of skin conditions including rashes and lumps and bumps (surgical techniques are used to obtain a biopsy, a small sample of tissue for further examination).
- Mole removal including cosmetic mole removal
- Cyst removal
- Skin tag removal
- Removal of other harmless skin lesions such as lipomas
We use laser surgery and treatments in Elstree, Northwood & Harley Street in the following situations:
- To reduce the appearance of acne scars
- To treat birthmarks
- To reduce the production of excess or unwanted hair
- To treat medical conditions such as psoriasis in selected cases
- As therapy in severe fungal nail infections
- Rare genetic conditions
- To reduce excess pigmentation
- To achieve skin resurfacing
- To treat rosacea
- To treat scars other than those caused by acne – such as post surgical and keloid scars
- To achieve skin tightening
- To treat spider nevi
- To remove tattoos that are no longer wanted
- To collapse prominent facial thread veins.
For more information on laser treatments and skin surgery, please contact us at our dermatology clinics in Elstree, Northwood, Harley Street or one of our other London clinics by calling our friendly team on: 0207 307 7467, alternatively, email us on: email@example.com or fill out our contact form.