- About us
- Why choose us?
- Skin & Nail Conditions
- Treatments & Services
- Our Fees
- Contact us
Posted by Cedars Dermatology, 4th June 2020
As expert Dermatologists with a renowned skin clinic in locations such as Harley Street, Northwood and Elstree, we’ve got plenty of approaches to acne treatment. From advising you on dietary changes that may make an impact on your skin, to specific, tried-and-tested acne treatments on offer at our skin clinic, we know how targeting this common skin concern can have an incredible effect on your confidence and on life in general.
In this post, we’ll run through some of our effective skin clinic acne treatments, as well as a few things you can try in the comfort of your own home.
There’s lots we can do to help with acne. From safe yet effective lasers, to topical creams, and even resurfacing treatments such as chemical peels, we’ll work with you to get the results you deserve for better, brighter skin.
Of course, any treatment here at our skin clinic in Harley Street is subject to a consultation – so we can assess you before making tailored acne treatment recommendations we think will make a real difference.
As well as providing treatments, we also offer friendly advice on the things you can do at home to help prevent and stop acne breakouts.
1) Star Supplements – sometimes, taking a small supplement can make a big difference to your skin. One such supplement that can have huge skin benefits is zinc, which can help our cells with everything from energy and growth, to immunity. You can also take a supplement for hair, skin and nails. Take care to talk to your Doctor about dietary changes, in order to avoid negative effects such as gut pain or irritation. They can also advise you on what you need to take and when.
2) Trust in the tea tree – we highly regard this for its ability to reduce skin inflammation and bust bacteria. Tea tree can also help reduce acne over time, but you need to be careful with quantities. Mix a small amount with water, in a ratio of 1:9, and apply gently with cotton wool.
3) Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate – whether you use a simple brush or you have a specific scrub in mind, exfoliating can help sweep away any dead skin cells that can block pores. And, exfoliating before applying a treatment or skincare can help it penetrate more deeply into the skin.
4) Focus on face masks – there are lots of different face masks you could try, incorporating acne-reducing and acne-preventing ingredients such as aloe vera, tea tree, green tea and more. Healthline has a great recipe for a honey & cinnamon mask.
5) Don’t get stressed! – Stress has a negative effect on so many areas of our body and mind, including our skin. Not only can it increase oil and cause inflammation, but it can slow skin healing – important if you want those acne lesions to disappear.
Our expert Dermatologists can advise you on any skin problems, including acne treatments, and can offer a range of solutions targeted to you. Talk to us today and our Dermatologist-led skin clinics in Harley Street, Northwood and Elstree will be in touch to help.