Vanessa Jane Davies
BASC, SCN, APIL LCGI Cert Ed
Skin Camouflage Consultant
Vanessa Jane Davies established Skin Camouflage Services (www.skincamouflageservices.co.uk) in Harley Street in 2007 and has been in practice for over 20 years.
She has the skill and expertise to provide camouflage for a vast range of trauma injuries and skin conditions which include: Burns, Scars, Grafts, Prosthesis, Post- operative bruising, Tattoos – before and after treatment, Acne, Vitiligo, Melasma, Cafe au Lait, Solar Lentigo, Port wine Stains, Rosacea, Psoriasis, Eczema, Dermatitis, Discoid Lupus, Thread Veins, Erythema.
Vanessa is registered and insured as a UK Expert Witness and has completed training with Bond Solon to produce court compliant reports for major trauma injuries, burns and pigmentation.
She is founder of Varama Cover Creams, Vanessa researched and launched the product in 2010. The company has successfully completed a five year pilot.
Vanessa contributes significantly to skin camouflage education. She has written Edexcel educational modules and developed comprehensive teaching materials for Higher Education at Bradford College, Leeds Metropolitan University.
- Skin Camouflage Network (S.C.N) Committee and Practicing Member
- British Association of Skin Camouflage (B.A.S.C) Practicing Member
- Licentiateship (LCGI) 1 & 2
- UK Register of Expert Witnesses 2007 – 2015
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) Ist Tier Expert 2007 – 2015
- University of Hertfordshire: Development of Skin Camouflage Practice
- Licentiateship of The City & Guilds Institute 1&2
- Training & Development Lead Body Awards
- University of Huddersfield: Certificate in Education
- Bond Solon Expert Witness Training
- Previously External Examiner for C.I.B.T.A.C and Global International Malaysia.
Vanessa has delivered talks to Wounds UK, Deloitte, Bedfordshire & Hertfordshire Post Graduate Medical School, Red Arc Assured, The British Army Medical Officers, and most recently, speaking alongside UK Trade & Investment at Going Global, Excel, London.
Skin Camouflage Services enlisted UK Trade & Investment (OMIS) to introduce the Skin Camouflage Service to hospitals in Perth, Western Australia and has since been selected as a UKTI business case study.
- BBC Fake Britain
- Talk Radio Europe
- DM Digital Television
- The Business Start Up Show
- The Daily Mirror
- Mail on Sunday
- Women’s Own
- Prima Magazine
- The Guardian-Eczema Report
- MIMS Dermatology, Nursing and Pharmacy journals
- Dubai press.